It’s a technology that is used to encrypt emails. This email signing protocol uses encryption to enhance email security. S/MIME is implemented using S/MIME certificates. This technology will let you sign your emails thereby letting you verify that you are the legitimate sender of the email.
DigiCert S/MIME Certificates- 28 % Off
$ 30.00 – $ 100.00
DigiCert S/MIME Certificates
DigiCert S/MIME certificate stands for “Secure/Multipurpose Internet Mail Extensions.” It’s a technology that is used to encrypt emails. This email signing protocol uses encryption to enhance email security. S/MIME is implemented using S/MIME certificates.
This technology will let you sign your emails thereby letting you verify that you are the legitimate sender of the email. This will help your recipients fight off phishing attacks and safeguard your emails from unauthorized access.
How Does a S/MIME Certificate Work?
Emails encrypted using S/MIME certificates use asymmetric encryption. You must protect an email that you send to a friend if you don’t want anyone else to view it. You can encrypt your email using a public key to make it impenetrable to tamper. Not merely your friend, to whom you plan to send that secure email, may access this public key.
However, without the private key, only your friend has access to the email’s contents. Your friend is the only one who can access the private key, decrypt the email, and access it. A S/MIME certificate functions in this manner.
You will require an email signing certificate, which you can buy from a certificate authority, in order to sign and encrypt your emails. This certificate can be used to electronically sign emails. This certificate will instantly be added to your email after you purchase it.
The public key is used for authentication, whereas the private key is used to create digital signatures. The two keys that are connected to the digital signature are the public and private keys. The email sent is unchanged and only the intended recipient may access it, according to the digital signature.
Benefits of DigiCert Client Certs
- Prevent Tampering: Add an extra layer of protection with multi-factor authentication, so even if valid user credentials get into the wrong hands—access is still denied and communications are safe.
- Secure Environment Access: It allows you to secure your network, applications, and interfaces, only permitting access from authorized individuals.
- Device Authentication: The need for device authentication grows as enterprise networks expand. These certificates protect devices and control access so only authorized individuals can use them.
- Encrypt & Sign Email: Allow senders and recipients of e-mail to verify that the content they’re sharing is legitimate. Encrypt communications using S/MIME, the most trusted e-mail encryption technology.
Uses of S/MIME
S/MIME can be used to
- Make sure the email you sent has not been altered by any third party.
- Create digital signatures to sign your emails.
- Encrypt all your emails.
- Verify the email client you use.
1 Year, 2 Years, 3 Years
DigiCert SSL certificates are one of the most trusted and recognized brands on the market. This SSL certificate provides 3 levels of authentication and encryptions to match every business need.
Types of DigiCert Certificates
- Secure Site Pro
- Secure Site
- Basic SSL
Reasons to upgrade to DigiCert Secure Site Pro
- The highest level of customer support: DigiCert prioritizes assistance and certification for Secure Site customers. You’ll get the quickest validation speeds possible on your initial issuance, and all future certificates will be provided immediately.
You won't have about the safety of your website: DigiCert Secure Site offers industry-leading security while remaining discreet to your regular routine.
Management of certification is automated: Management of certificates is an extremely time-consuming process. CertCentral, our single-pane management portal, is available to all DigiCert Secure Site customers. Therefore, it allows you to easily and intuitively manage your certificates during their full lifecycle.
Different certificates for different businesses: Every business is unique. As a result, we provide a flexible range of options that are designed to meet your specific needs now and to grow with you in the future.
This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.
There are no reviews yet.