What is an EV certificate?
EV certificate or Extended Validation (EV) are regarded as the highest level of authentication of SSL certificates. They are the only certificates that trigger both the padlock and the green address bar while displaying the identity of the website owner.
EV certificates increase the website credibility as all visitors are able to confirm the website owner identity.
Extended Validation was established years ago by the CA/Browser Forum, an association of web browser vendors and certificate authorities.
The EV certificate is by far the most rigorous way of verifying identity information and the authority of companies or individuals that apply for an SSL certificate, an Extended Validation certificate provides a strong guarantee that the website owner passed a thorough identification process. The applicant has to prove not only exclusive rights to use the domain, but also its physical and legal existence.
What type of Website needs EV?
EV certificates are mainly used on websites that accepts payments or requires a hight level of authentication such as bank or government as they collect sensitive data.
Banks, insurance carriers, credit unions and other financial institutions are favorite targets for phishing attacks and other cyber security threats, having an EV Certificate is the best way to give the customers peace of mind and tell them that the website they are visiting has passed the strict guidelines maintained by the CA/Browser Forum. As soon as the address bar turns green, they know that the site owner actually is who he says he is.
SSL Certificates are not a one-size-fits-all as each certificate type will fit your website transaction purpose.
Extended validation certificates- EV certificates
The Extended Validation SSL offers the highest level of website authentication by validating the website owner’s legitimacy. this certificate confirms the website owner through a green address bar that displays the organisation name and country of incorporation
This requires validation of:
- Business registration and active status with the local registrar authority.
- Right over domain to be secured.
- confirmation of employment and right of the requestor.
Organisation Validated Certificates- OV certificates
The organisation validated certificate ensures the legal status of the entity is active as well as validates the individual requesting the certificate.
This may involve submitting legal documentation to the certificate issuer for verification purposes.
Domain Validated Certificates- DV certificates
A domain validated certificate is the lowest authentication type of certificate, in terms of validating the website owner’s identity and legitimate claim to the domain. The DV certificate only validated the right of use of the domain and does not guarantee that the website owner is a legitimate entity.
Depending on your business needs, if you need to secure only one single website, then a single certificate would suffice. But if you have multiple websites that you manage, then it would be simpler and more cost-effective for you to buy either a wildcard certificate or a SAN (subject-alternative-name) certificate.
Establishing trust with your customers should be of utmost priority, especially in this day and age when security breaches, fraud, and identity theft are rampantly occurring with increasing frequency.
Multi-domain Certificates- SAN certificates
That is why choosing the right SSL certificate to buy is a decision that should not be taken light
You can obtain a Thawte SSL, Geotust SSL, Sectigo SSL or a Digicert SSL at anyone of the aforementioned levels of validation.
Please visit our store here https://www.sslcertificate.ch/ssl-certificates/
Digicert SSL certificates has recently acquired Symantec web security business unit including it other brands like Thawte, Geotrust and rapidssl.
However, just like symantec certificate, the secure site pro range have been the most trusted and secure certificate on the market providing ECC algorithm and up to 512 RSA encryption.
This is the certificate of choice for most fortune 500 companies considering it higher encryption reliability as well as brand recognition.
so what do you really get out of a secure site certificate and why should you consider this for your business?
To answer that, we have listed some of the top features of this certificate which is available as Organisation validated (OV), Wildcard or Extended validation (EV) in both entry level or Pro
SSL certificate features
Secure site Pro
- 1- and 2-year pricing available
- Secure up to 250 subject alternative names for the same or different subdomain with a single certificate
- Secure multiple subdomain within a single domain using wildcard certificate
- Norton™ seal, the internet’s most-recognized trust mark
- Exclusive priority support and validation
- Highest assurance plus brand protection (available with ev)
- Highest level of tls brand validation and protection available with ev
- Fast malware checker with 70+ antivirus scanners and url/domain blacklist services
- Cloud-based continuous monitoring of certificate transparency (ct) logs
- Compatible with all major browsers and mobile devices
- RSA public-key sha-2 algorithm (supports hash functions: 256, 384, 512)
- ECC public-key cryptography (supports hash functions: 256 and 384)
- $2 million warranty
Depending on the security level you require, you can chose between the entry level , mid range of the high security (pro) certificate.
As an authorized Digicert SSL certificate partner, we are able to offer up to 35% discount on direct pricing,
please visit https://www.sslcertificate.ch/digicert-ssl-certificate to acquire your certificate today
SSL certificates are designed to provide a better level of security for your website.
They offer a specific kind of encryption, ensuring that data moving from a user’s computer to the site maintains a level of protection and is unreadable to any malicious identity thieves, hackers, or any other type of third party.
It also sends a signal to the search engines, notably Google, that your website is safely protected. SSL certificates are required by Google to display your secured website in search.
They work to flag sites as unsafe in the Google Chrome browser as SSL certificates are in place to ensure users feel an added level of security while using the internet.
While there are free certificates available, there are some serious concerns regarding security, validity, and authenticity that can affect website owners using them.
How Do Free SSL Certificates Work?
Free certificates are issued at no cost by some web host providers. The reasoning for issuing free certificates was to make HTTPS access available to all websites.
There are two different types of free certificates:
- Self-signed certificate where there is no requirement for any certificate authority to sign them as the issuer signs them.
- Free SSL certificates such as let's encrypt which is signed by a certificate authority
Though both these certificates do provide an https connection, here are the main cons of a free SSL
- There is literately no support for free ssl certificates
- free certificates do not validate the site owner's identity, which result in lower trust from visitors.
- their lifetime is usually 90 days meaning you will need to request a new one each time.
- Free SSl certificate offer no warranty, if you have an issue with them , you are pretty much on your own.
- Most fraudulent websites use free ssl certificates as they have a very low authentication process.
- To be honest, do you really expect a free certificate to have the same level of security as premium certificate ?
Differences Between Free and Paid SSL Certificates
One of the main differences between free and paid certificates is that free certificates are only available with a domain validation option. These certificates are used to provide only a basic level of authentication, making them suitable for blogs and small websites.
The free version of the certificate does not offer the same features as organization validation or extended validation certificates. Organization Validation certificates provide a high level of assurance and are generally used to validate an organization or more significant sized business. Extended validation certificates assure your website visitors that they are visiting the official website for your business.
Another reason to avoid free certificates is that there are no safeguards in place to stop malware distributors from using these certificates to create websites that distribute malware. They can make them look official with the free certificates, and there have been incidents where this has happened.
The paid versions of certificates offer both extended and organization validated certificates, which are much more secure than a free certificate.
Paid SSL offers a more extended period of validity, while free certificates do not provide extended domain validation.
There is also limited support for free certificates, whereas paid certificates are available with full support if you have any problems with your certificate.
Certificate Renewal Options
Another difference between free and paid SSL is that free certificates last only ninety days before expiring. At the end of this period, users must exchange their free certificates for a new one.
Paid certificates are generally issued and last for up to two years, although there is a chance that the validity may be shortened to one year.
you should consider purchasing the paid version for your website to avoid a lot of the hassles associated with having a free certificate. There is also the added element of trust your customers will have when they visit your website.
Some of the leading paid certificate issuers are
Visit out store to enroll for your premium certificates https://www.sslcertificate.ch/
SSL certificates, why do i need one ?
If you are trading online, an SSL certificate is the most probably the first thing you should think about. SSL don't only encrypt data between your website and the customer, it also provide a business authentication ensuring your visitors they are dealing with the right entity.
Type of SSL certificates
The type of certificates available as well as their application mainly depend on the transactions you conduct on your site.
- Extended validation or EV: This certificate has the highest level of validation, it doesn't only have a high level encryption; this SSL also validates your organisation name through the green address bar. We recommend this certificate for financial and trading websites.
- Organisation validate or OV: This certificate confirms the website owner's identity as well as registration with the local business registrar. this can be used on mail server and non-transactional websites
- Domain Validated or DV: This is the lowest level of authentication and only confirms domain right of the certificate requestor; this is recommended for any internal websites.
Why use Prima Secure?
We all know how draining the SSL validation process can be, here are some the added value for using Prima Secure:
- Validation: We pre-validate your certificate to anticipate any documentation the vendor will require in order to speed up the issuance process. our team handles all follow up so you can concentrate on running your business.
- Support: We keep all support in-house, this enable us to provide better service delivery; we will assist you from the certificate generation to installation at no extra cost.
- Discount: We extend our partner discount to our customer meaning we are able to offer up to 55% off on selected brands.
- Payment: as our customers are globally located, we offer billing in the following currencies:" USD, EUR, CHF & ZAR". means of payment can be via bank transfer to our Swiss or South African bank, Credit Card, Paypal or 30 days net (T&C Applies)
Which brands do we sell ?
We are a registered and authorized partner pf the following brands:
- Thawte: Thawte SSL is one of the most recognized certificate brand on the market.
- Geotrust: Geotrust SSL provide a wide range of certificate from EV, DV, Wildcards and OV.
- Digicert: Digicert SSL with it secure site pro range provide the most robust certificate on the market.
- Sectigo: Sectigo SSL previously Comodo SSL is one of the largest certificate provider on the market.
- Positive SSL: Positive SSL provides a wide range of domain validated certificates.
- Rapid SSL : Rapid SSL is a Digicert own brands that provides domain validated certificates.
Please visit our ssl page for more info https://www.sslcertificate.ch/ssl-certificates/